The Importance of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are thin artificial shells that are tooth-colored, precisely attached to your teeth’ surface so they can improve their appearance. These teeth are crafted from resin or porcelain materials that are bonded to your natural teeth.
Generally, veneers can manage various cosmetic concerns such as chipped, discolored, or broken teeth. The main advantage of these veneers is improving the appearance of your teeth, giving your teeth a brighter look.
When to use Dental Veneers?
Veneers are commonly used to fix some dental problems, which primarily include:
- Discolored teeth occur due to stains from chemicals such as tetracycline or other pharmaceutical drugs. It can also occur due to excessive fluoride and resin fillings. These veneers perfectly conceal the discolored teeth and help you have a brightly colored dental structure.
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Misaligned, uneven, and irregularly shaped teeth
- Close the irregular gaps between teeth
What are the Types of Veneers Available?
The most prevalent types of veneers available in the market include composite resin and porcelain veneer. Porcelain is the most effective in correcting issues such as color or the shape of your natural teeth. These porcelain veneers are durable and have an average lifespan of 10 to 20 years. The veneers cover the entire surface of the teeth. During the insertion process, the dentist will file the existing teeth so that the shell can perfectly fit on the teeth. Dr. Chad Ollom needs to make an accurate impression of your natural teeth and send them to the lab to prepare your veneer.
The composite resin veneers are manufactured by the dentist and will be applied directly to your teeth. You will only require a single appointment with the dentist to have these veneers fixed on your teeth. These types are minimally invasive options that are made using resin coverings. They will sit on your existing teeth and help to shape your teeth into a desirable appearance.
Composite veneers are more suitable to fix cracks or chips on the teeth. The dentist will apply a strong adhesive glue on your teeth during insertion to help the resin cover stick on the teeth. The resin is then sculpted according to the shape of your mouth and polished with an admirable shine finish.
What are the Advantages of Veneers?
Composite and porcelain veneers offer multiple advantages to the user, such as:
- Will provide an elegant natural teeth appearance
- Gums can perfectly tolerate the veneers
- These veneers are stain-resistant
- You can select a color that rhymes with the natural color of your teeth
- There are more robust in comparison to other alternatives such as the crowns
- Veneers are non-invasive and straightforward cosmetic fix to your teeth
- They are permanent and offers strong durability
- Are pretty easy to maintain
Veneers are necessary to camouflage stained or broken teeth. If you choose the veneers, you will enjoy multiple orthodontic benefits and cosmetic enhancements. These options are durable and elegant manner to create a natural smile. Even though this type of cosmetic dental remedy is expensive it is worth investing in as it offers long-term benefits.